google874a086974a4ddb9.html
Home > Lorb Lorbson > Lorb improves on Stevie Wonder’s “Higher Ground”

Lorb improves on Stevie Wonder’s “Higher Ground”

September 18th, 2009 Leave a comment Go to comments

Wow, what a performance! You can see why people get so excited about what Lorb Lorbson does with a beloved classic song. You will never be able to listen to that song in quite the same way after hearing this rendition. Thank you Ron Cranstence for saving this tape from destruction!

Post to Twitter Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

1. Steven ledingham
    July 16th, 2013 at 17:30 | #1

Dag, none of these will play on my iPad!

2. dave kennedy
    October 16th, 2009 at 19:20 | #2

all these years…I mean sure, I enjoyed Stevie Wonder’s original version a lot! Dare I say even dug the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s take on it quite a bit, BUT it wasn’t till the recent release of the ‘Cheripintera Sessions’ that I can say that I really connected with “Higher Ground.” This version makes me feel to what it must have been like to have been in the recording studio when Hendrix recorded his earth shattering take on Dylan’s “All Along the Watchtower” and SOOOO expansive. To Lorb and all the crew at the Cherp ~ thank you

3. Ron
    September 26th, 2009 at 17:39 | #3

3:11 into the video is when there is a fantastic close-up shot of Lorb that does include his nostrils. It’s a testament to the amazing videography that they could capture every one of his nostril hairs in that shot.

4. Kate
    September 24th, 2009 at 05:55 | #4

When you have a talent like Lorb Lorbson, it’s easy to see why his fan is so . . . enthusiastic. Btw, I especially enjoyed the close-up of Lorb’s nostril. We just can’t get enough of that man.

5. September 23rd, 2009 at 12:07 | #5

If Stevie Wonder weren’t still alive, he’d be turning in his grave.

6. Lorb Lorbson
    September 21st, 2009 at 13:05 | #6

Dear Feff,
    I have nothing but positive things to say about people like that man and yourself. What a pleasure it must be to attend a movie with you!! I hope to see you at one of my upcoming performance! In fact it would be great to see anyone attend my performances! I have a lot of fresh scat to release and I would love for people to see me do it live!!!

7. September 21st, 2009 at 12:56 | #7

Lorb makes Stevie Wonder look like some kind of “Stevland Hardaway Judkins.”

8. Tavis
    September 18th, 2009 at 23:52 | #8

Lorb’s hair is so amazingly fluffy. Must be a Juggernaught product.

9. Feff
    September 18th, 2009 at 20:36 | #9

I think all fans should come prepared for gigs like this guy does. Makes it so much more valuable for everyone. LIke a good horror movie, it’s all the anticipation. Speaking of which, I also like to go to new horror movies often enough that I can call out “key” questions at the right time to heighten the experience for everyone in the theater.

1. No trackbacks yet.